Bootle Announce State of the Art Hybrid Pitch

Wed 17th June 2020 | Bootle
By Martin Fallon

Bootle Football Club are delighted to announce a new state of the art Hybrid Pitch has been installed as part of a pilot scheme supported by Sport England, The Football Foundation, The Football Association and with support from the Liverpool County FA.

They initially met with our partners in May 2019 to discuss the project and its feasibility along with the benefits and extra commitment required to give the pilot the best chance of success. With the investment required being agreed from Bootle FC and main club sponsors Berry Street Garage, the project was given the green light. 

The Hybrid football pitch consists of a stitched carpet of ‘grass’ fibres that is 5% of the overall coverage with the remaining 95% being grass, the carpet has been expertly installed by FLexgrass supported by SISPitches. Similar pitches are used by top European clubs. 

A complete renovation of the pitch has been undertaken with a completely new drainage system and a full irrigation system including pop up sprinkler heads and further specialist equipment to help keep the pitch in tip top condition.

The investment and state of the art pitch means that once social distancing guidelines are relaxed and as we return to football, the hybrid pitch will allow Bootle to hold more games on the main pitch and include training, small sided games & leagues with plenty of community use.

Bootle FC are keen to hear from clubs, leagues and community groups who want to join them to explore opportunities to play their games and realise the potential of this fantastic community asset.

The pitch will allow them to generate extra income to facilitate the growth of the club both on and off the pitch and allow them to become a much bigger club out in the community. 

The club will have to invest back into the pitch and will be looking to recruit a groundsman in the coming weeks to help keep the pitch one of the best in the North West. 

This project could not have been made possible without the help and hard work of the teams at PSD, J.Mallinson (Ormskirk) and Berry Street Garage. Lots of other improvements are happening at the ground that will complement the pitch and Bootle would lke to thank Joe Doran, Dave Miley, Joe Johnson and the volunteers who continue to make this all possible.

The rain we are having now is great for the grass and Bootle are optimistic that the pitch will be ready in time for when the football returns, whenever that may be.

Click on the images below to open a gallery of the work that has been going on at Bootle.

Our Sponsors & Partners

Our Sponsors & Partners