This season sees New Mills FC celebrate the 100 year anniversary of football being played at Church Lane, the first game being played on the ground on 17th September 1921. At the time New Mills played in the Manchester League and the first game was against Coniston, there were no dressing rooms at the ground so players had to change at the Bull’s Head public house at the bottom of High Street and walk to the ground for kick off! This month saw the start of a number of commemorative events to mark this fact.
League Ambassador Glyn Jones was on hand at New Mills 2-2 draw Vs the Isle of Man this week to present the club with a Special Award on behalf of the League to mark this historic Milestone. Glyn is pictured with Club Chairman, Ray Coverley presenting the award.