Bits And Pieces
Fri 24th January 2014 | Bits & Pieces
By Ian Templeman
- the club's Cheshire Senior Cup First Round tie against Hyde will now be played at the Millbank Linnets Stadium following two postponed games at Hyde. The game will be played on Wednesday 29th January 2014, kick off 7.45 pm.
- Saxons' Ricky Anane has joined title challenging Evo-Stik League Division One North side, initially on a loan deal. Ricky recently saw a similar move to AFC Fylde end early due to injury.
He went straight into Warrington's squad for their clash with Ossett Albion, and in his second game he picked up the Warrington Town Supporters Club man of the match award for his display against Wakefield.
St Helens Town
- As part of the club's regular website updates, a five part review of Town's epic 1987 FA Vase triumph has been added to the club website, written by Town Vice-Chairman and club historian Glyn Jones. It is available by clicking here
- Goalkeeper Josh O'Connell is the first Squirrels custodian to be awarded with a bottle of champagne by Squirrels fans for keeping three consecutive clean sheets. The Formby Champagne Club has been running since the start of season 2011-12, and any player who scores a hat trick or goalkeeper who keeps three clean sheets is presented with a bottle of bubbly.
Until now, no goalkeeper has been presented with a bottle, but Josh has broken the duck after firstly keeping out Northwich Flixton Villa and 1874 Northwich (in a game where he went off injured) and then completed the trio of clean sheets on his return from injury against Eccleshall a couple of weeks ago.
- a new date has been arranged for the Bucks' Liverpool Senior Cup quarter final tie against Cammell Laird, which was postponed this week. The game will now be played on Monday 27th January at the Delta Taxis Stadium, kick off 7.45 pm.
- the club's Lancashire FA Challenge Cup semi final against Chorley will take place at The County Ground, Leyland, PR25 2LF, on Wednesday 5th February 2014 – kick off 7.45pm. Admission charges: £8.00 Adults, £4.00 Concessions. This is an all pay game, with cash sales at the turnstiles on the evening of the game.